Rocks and debris are no match for the AltRider Skid Plate for the Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200. Constructed of 3.175 mm powder coated aluminum, it reaches high on the left hand side to protect the stator, and provides extensive coverage of the headers on the right. The skid plate features hand TIG welds and stainless hardware, and will be manufactured in the United States.
The AltRider skid plate is the solution for the Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200, no matter what adventure you take.
The AltRider skid plate for Yamaha Super Tenere will not work with OEM Yamaha crash bars because of interference with crossbar on crash bars. Skid plate will mount up but cross bar will have to be removed.
- Skid plate must be removed to change oil filter. If using aftermarket oil filter, it must be the same 2″ length as OEM to avoid interference.
- Oil, alone, can be changed with skid plate installed.
- 3.175 mm powder coated aluminum
- Hand TIG welds
- 3.175 MM powdered coated steel hand TIG welded brackets replace the thin stamped sheet bracket to resisting bending upon impact
- The rear bracket is constructed from 4.7625 MM powdered coated steel and utilized 2 mounting points on each side to resist pivoting upon impact.